The Battle Against Fate

I have it all now! All that I have once dreamed of is now in the palm of my hands. I, Macbeth, as the three weird sisters had promised am the Thane of Glamis, thane of Cawdor, and even King of Scotland! But to be the king is nothing if I’m not secure as the king. I fear of Banquo.  Of his nobility, courageousness, and his racing mind. There is no other person I fear most.  Banquo had tried to seek in the weird sisters for his prospect when the sisters had hailed me as king. Then like psychics, they had called him lesser than me, but in a way greater.  They had named him the father of line of kings while to me they had granted a crown which I can’t pass on. Since no son of mine will ever be King, someone other than my descendants will take my place on the throne.  No! I can’t let that happen! If this is true, then my conscience has been tormented for the benefit of Banquo’s sons!  I have become the devil by killing the great Duncun and have demolished my peace and the peace of many others for Banquo’s sons to be king! Not to worry though. Instead of watching that ensue, like a man I shall confront fate in a battle which I have never lost! Tonight, I shall execute my plan! I have successfully convinced the murderers that I have hired to accomplish the plan by providing proof that showed it was Banquo who ruined their lives.  Now while everyone will be at the banquet, my men will finish off Banquo and his line as a result of their hatred towards Banquo.  Stars hide your shine, and let the darkness swell the night as tonight shall be Banquo’s last night.

                                                                                                                            Aisha Javed

No comments:

Post a Comment