One Battle Won; Several Others Yet to Win

The snake has been slit but not killed. Each time it is slit, it heals itself and promises to threaten again with its fangs.  I have not had a single meal without fear or a peaceful sleep with the nightmares I’ve been having.  What life is this? Is it not better to be dead than live a life in deprivation of internal peace?  Even Duncan as he lays in his grave his better off.  I have done the worst that could happen to him, now nothing can harm him- not foes, friends or, or anyone or anything else.  I, other the other hand, am in continuous danger.  Even after his death, Banquo is still a menace to me.  My men had reported back to me with the news of Banquo’s death as planned, but that wretched son of his had managed to escape! Yet, I didn’t show much concern as Fleance is yet only a young snake without fangs and will take his time becoming poisonous and threatening. When I had returned to my guests, I was haunted by the ghost of that despicable Banquo!  He resulted in me looking guilty before the Scottish nobles at my banquet! Not just that, I now have to be in constant fear of Macduff as well. He refused my proposal to this banquet! My safety is the only thing that matters to me now.  I have walked too far into this battle of blood that even if I wanted, I wouldn’t be able of turn back. Tomorrow, while it’s still early, I shall go to the weird sisters to know more of the worst to come.  
                                                                                                                     Aisha Javed

No comments:

Post a Comment