Macbeth's Struggles

I woke up this morning with a big headache.  It was very difficult for me to sleep last night because so much was going through my head and many questions and thoughts kept popping up.  I needed answers and thoughts immediately.  I decided to make a visit to the witches and find out what was going pose a couple of questions to clear my mind.  I immediately demanded them to tell me further more about my future.  As I suspected, I had to be aware of Macduff because he possessed a danger threat on me and I had to keep an eye out for him.  I was prepared to go murder him that moment as I would not allow anyone to get in the way of me ambitions.  It was ridiculous how the witches told me, I would be defeated when Birnam Wood moves to Dunsinane Hill because obviously trees won’t get human-like qualities and walk towards me. As thoughts ran through my head, I heard a very mysterious sound, and I was far too curious to leave without finding out where it was coming from.  An illusion appeared showing Banquo’s descendants all crowded as kings.  I was not about to allow Fleance or anyone else being king of Scotland.  I was frustrated and furious.  Am I really seeing this?  Am I going crazy?  As I was about to further investigate, the witches had disappeared in a magical way.  This got me thinking very hard and I feared that the illusion was soon going to become a reality.  I was going to do anything possible to make sure that doesn’t happen.  I was confident that this time the witches’ prophecies were going to fall.



http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/07/Birnam_wood_macbeth.jpg

Dinish Kandasamy

No comments:

Post a Comment